There are many ways to shape and style our eyebrows and it can get overwhelming at times. Since no two people have the same eyebrows, it is only natural that people have their own unique preferences when it comes to caring for and shaping their brows
Keeping this in mind, we have curated a few simple yet effective ways to shape them for a look that goes with your face, along with a set of steps to help you groom your eyebrows.
SHAPING EYEBROWS: WHICH SHAPE SUITS YOU BEST
The first and foremost step when it comes to shaping your brows is to make sure you have an idea of what kind of shape suits your face type.
OVAL SHAPE FACE
Those with an oval face have a wider forehead and sharp cheekbones. For this shape, a soft angle for the eyebrows is the right fit, since this face shape doesn’t need much accentuation.
SQUARE SHAPE FACE
You can identify a square shaped face by measuring the width of your forehead, cheekbones and your jawline, which will be roughly the same. You can go for a thicker brow with a defined peak to balance out your features.
ROUND SHAPE FACE
Those with a round face shape should opt for a high arch on their eyebrows. This gives their face the illusion of being longer than it actually is and sharpens your features.
HEART SHAPE FACE
Those with this shape would look best with a soft rounded eyebrow shape. If the arch is too high, it might give your face a super dramatic look that may or may not be what you are going for. A rounded shape would look more natural.
GROOMING YOUR EYEBROWS: WHAT TO REMEMBER
Shaping your brows regularly is a good way to maintain the look but there are other ways to groom and care for it. Here are a few important points to remember.
- To add more definition and fill in those spare spots, angled brush and brow powder works best. And, on the other hand, for slight shaping and combing your hair, brow gel is preferred.
- Threading your brow is undoubtedly the best and most effective method for maintaining its shape and it removes all the excess and unwanted hair.
- Using oils for healthy growth is advisable. Castor oil is a natural lubricant for eyebrow health and if you have less hair growth and thin eyebrows, then castor oil is for you. Massage your eyebrows daily at night with the oil to see results within 3-6 weeks
- When filling in your brows, use a shade that goes with your natural hair colour. You can always add some dimension by highlighting them just below the eyebrow arch and give them a more prominent look.
- Use a brow gel to tame your brows and then fill them with a pencil or shade that goes naturally with your look.