Celebrate the loving sibling bond while looking your best with these Rakhi makeup ideas.
We are just a few weeks away from Raksha Bandhan, the festival of brotherhood and love between siblings! Our guess is you've already got your outfit, a backup dress, and a backup of the backup ready. But what about the makeup?
A special day celebrating the unique and loving bond between brothers and sisters calls for a special look. No need to fret if you haven't figured out your Rakhi look yet, because we're here to help. We have an edit of Rakhi 2022 makeup ideas that would suit your aesthetic, whether you prefer a traditional, regal look or a dramatic, diva look. Let’s get started, shall we?
#1 Pretty in Pink Look—for the Chic Babe
A pop of pink instantly makes you look more alive, fresh, and a little bit happier. Wearing a monochromatic pink look all over is a great way to grab attention on this Raksha Bandhan, especially for a chic babe who loves to add pink in all her ensembles!
To create the look:
- Achieve an even and flawless base, using a pore-minimizing primer followed by a long-lasting matte foundation.
- After that, prime your eyelids with a concealer so they are ready for your eye makeup to go on.
- Put some pink eyeshadow on the lid and feather it into the crease.
- In the next step, apply a cream blush high on the apples and sweep it into the cheekbones. Don't forget to apply it under the brow bone and on top of the nose as well.
- Use metallic silver shadow to highlight the inner corners of the eyes and the tops of the cheekbones.
- Finish off your look by applying pink lipstick matching your eyeshadow to your lips and then applying some lip gloss over them.
#2 Going All Out—for the Desi Girl
An all-out desi girl loves a vibrant saree, a dramatic jhumka, a gorgeous bindi, and plenty of bling. Put a glamorous spin on your elaborate traditional attire with this dazzling Rakhi makeup look.
If you're going for this look, start your eye makeup before your base because the glittery eyeshadows could cause a lot of fallout.
- After applying an eye primer or concealer to your eyelids, pat on some shimmery gold eyeshadow. Your eyeshadow will stay on longer with the sticky base acting as glue.
- Enhance the outer corner of your eyelid with dark brown eyeshadow. Take your Rakhi makeup to the next level by experimenting with a cut crease.
- If you want to make your look truly special, apply strong, black kajal along your upper and lower lash lines and finish it off with a winged eyeliner.
- Swap some volumizing mascara and let your eyes do the talking with bold and dramatic lashes.
- Use a peach blush to add a sun-kissed look to your complexion. Make your nose look flushed by the sweeping blush on the bridge.
- Adding a matte lipstick in a color that complements your skin tone will balance the glitz and glam of your eyes. Adding warm shades of coral, peach, or brown to the lips will complement the golden eyes and complete this traditional Rakhi makeup look.
#3 Nude for the Win—for the Girl-Next-Door
This look is sure to charm any woman who wants to keep things light for her at-home Rakhi celebration. The nude makeup look enhances your natural beauty without going OTT.
To achieve this look:
- Ensure your skin is glowing naturally by exfoliating, cleansing, and moisturizing it.
- Simply apply concealer to your under-eyes and high points of your face and let the rest of your skin breathe.
- Make your eyes stand out with liner and tiny wings.
- Set your brows with some brow gel to fill in sparse areas without looking overdone.
- To add dimension to your cheekbones and jawline, contour your face with a contouring kit or bronzer.
- A pale, nude lipstick will complete your goddess look.
#4 Power Lips—for the Boss Babe
The boss babe is sultry, bold, and fearless, so her Rakhi makeup look should be equally fierce. The power lip, also known as bold lip, embraces your fun and fearless side, paired with oodles of grace and confidence.
Create this look by:
- Using a beauty blender, apply CC cream or tinted moisturizer all over your face for a flawless base.
- Master glowing cheekbones and wide-awake eyes with highlighter, the ultimate multi-masking cosmetic. Make sure you apply a cream formula to the high points of your face—across your cheekbones, down your nose, and on your brows—so you can get a glowing effect all over.
- Keep the rest of your face bare, so your bold lips get the attention they deserve.
- Now you just need powerful red lips to tie the entire makeup look together! Make your lips stand out by lining them with lip liner and filling them in with red lipstick.
#5 Okey-Dokey Smokey—for the Uber Glam One
It's hard to beat a smokey eye when it comes to making a statement! The smokey makeup look is perfect if you want to play up your glam game.
- Create your base with a lightweight foundation.
- Begin with a taupe shade in the crease of your eyes and build up to a brown and black color as you go.
- Every time you put color on your lids, make sure you blend it in with windscreen wiper motions.
- Use an eye pencil to tight line your upper and lower lash-lines, smudge the lower lash line for a smokey effect, and apply mascara.
- Create perfect brows by filling in and setting them.
- Make your cheeks pop with blush and wear pinkish-nude lipstick.
- To make sure the look stays in place all day, use a makeup spray.
So there you have it, a makeup style to suit your personality (or mood) type. Try out these Rakhi makeup ideas at home and embrace the gal you’re meant to be.
Which look from the above list captured your attention? We’re excited to hear from you in the comment section below!