Trending Diwali Makeup Looks to Rule Festive Season 2022!
The perfect Diwali makeup tips and looks are here, just in time for Diwali 2022.
Diwali is the most cheerful time of the year—thanks to the glistening houses, extravagant costumes, embellished diyas, and illuminating smiles. Alternatively, this festivity also offers the perfect opportunity to play up your makeup by going bold, radiant, and glowing.
Don’t know how to apply makeup properly for the perfect Diwali look? Well, we are here to help. Whether you like things subtle or prefer going OTT, we've got a list of festive makeup looks for Diwali that will bring your personality to life. Take advantage of the most popular Diwali makeup trends this year and look like the bombshell you are.
#1 Shiny Eyes & Nude Lip
A bit of shimmer, dazzling eyes, and seductive lips define this stunning Diwali makeup look. Let’s see what you can do to recreate this perfection.
- Use a matte finish foundation to create a flawless base.
- Make your nose, inner eye, upper cheekbone, and brow bone stand out with a highlighter.
- To create the popping eye makeup look, first, create a base using concealer, then pick the dark brown shade up to the crease.
- Above the crease line, apply a layer of red or maroon shades and blend it in.
- Get that dramatic look by topping off the whole eye look with a gold eyeshadow.
- Curl your lashes and line the lash line with a black felt-tip liner to make it seem darker, and apply a volumizing mascara.
- Complete the look by applying liquid lipstick in a nude shade.
#2 Keep Things Simple, Yet Glamorous
Is your office hosting a Diwali party? If yes, then you'll love this Diwali makeup idea. Keep things subtle with this minimal Diwali makeup look.
- After prepping your face with a primer, apply a layer of CC cream for an even tone.
- Sweep blush on the apples of your cheeks. Then blend it with a blush brush for a seamless appearance.
- Use an eyebrow pencil to give your arches a natural, but lifted look.
- Now sweep some nude shimmery eyeshadow over your eyelids. Follow it up with eyeliner. You can choose to create wings or end the line at the outer corner of your eye.
- Finish off the look with coral lipstick and you’re good to go.
#3 Try Out New Things Like Colorful Eyes
The power of color on eyes is undeniable. If you want to ace this year's Diwali makeup, opt for pink/peach eye makeup.
- Use a hydrating primer to prepare your skin. Apply a dewy foundation to your face using a damp sponge. If you need more coverage, apply concealer thinly.
- The first thing you need to do is blend a peachy shade across your eyelid and crease. Next, use a smaller brush to apply pink-orange hues from the inner corner to the center of the eyelid.
- Make a cat-eye shape by defining the outer corners of the eyes with a russet brown shade, blending upwards.
- Make sure all edges of the gradient are diffused using a clean blending brush.
- Apply brown eyeshadow to your lower lash line using a pencil brush.
- Brush your eyebrows into place after filling them with an eyebrow pencil. Be sure to coat the bottom and top lashes with mascara.
- Use a peach lipstick shade that matches your eye makeup to create a semi-monochrome look.
#4 Embrace the Bronze Look
It's not necessary to sunbathe to get that Sunkissed look this Diwali season. Makeup can help you achieve that bronzed look in no time!
- Apply a makeup primer all over the face with your fingers to create a super-smooth base for your makeup.
- Make your complexion look even and hydrated with a tinted moisturizer instead of a traditional foundation.
- Conceal dark circles and shadows under your eyes with concealer.
- With a full, fluffy brush, dust bronzer generously along the sides of your nose and on your forehead with a bronzer that suits your skin tone. You can ever brush up the bronzer on your eyelids.
- To create a sun-kissed look, add a touch of blush to the apples of the cheeks and blend it well.
- It's time for the finishing touches! Brush brown lipstick along the edges of your lips, leaving the center bare. In the center, apply a lighter nude shade, lightly patting it in to blend the colors. Apply clear lip gloss over it.
- Into bold lips? You can always switch from nude lips to red lips!
#5 Slay the Bold Pout
Beauty looks with red lips are classics in the fashion world and are associated with elegance. Choosing the right shade of red and lipstick formula is all that is needed for this makeup to look great on every woman. Here is a makeup look you can wear this Diwali season to show off your red shade:
- As with most other makeup looks, this one starts with an evenly applied base. Apply foundation to even out your complexion.
- Use concealer to cover any imperfections.
- You can choose from these three options for the eyes.
- Go romantic with a dusting of pink eyeshadow on the lids.
- Call out your inner Catwoman with bold cat eyes.
- Or take things to the next level with a smokey eye look.
- Apply a dusting of blush from the top of the apples of your cheeks to your temple for a snatched look.
- Use a lip liner in the same color as your lipstick to create a precise outline of your lips. In case you don’t have the exact shade, use an angled brush and your red lipstick as an alternative.
- Fill in your pout with your favorite shade of red. Ta Da! You’re ready to rock the red lip look.
Diwali is a celebration of good triumphing over evil and celebrations with family and friends—but it is also the perfect opportunity to bring out your vanity box and look fabulous. You can rock any party you attend by recreating or mix-matching any of the Diwali makeup looks given above.
What’s your favorite look from the list? Share with us in the comment section below!