Take your festive look to the next level with these Ganesh Chaturthi makeup looks!
The joyous festival of Ganesh Chaturthi is around the corner, and it’s time we welcome Lord Ganesha to our homes with faith, love, rituals, and modaks. Moreover, Ganesh Chaturthi makes for another great opportunity for makeup enthusiasts like us to bring out our vanity boxes and glam up in glitter—and bold looks.
Clueless about where to begin? Check out these Ganesha Chaturthi makeup tips and looks to elevate your beauty. These beauty tips for Ganesh Chaturthi makeup will add the perfect amount of splendor without overdoing things. Keep scrolling to find out more!
Makeup Looks for Ganesh Chaturthi That Are Oh-So-Glam
#1 Metallic OTT
Metallic makeup is totally on-trend these days, and you create one for your Ganesh Chaturthi celebration if you want to go retro!
- To apply metallic makeup smoothly, you need an even base. Begin by applying a primer, then apply foundation and concealer flawlessly.
- Choose colors that complement your skin tone. When choosing metallic makeup hues, here is a simple rule to follow: Darker hues look best on lighter complexions, and lighter hues are best suited for darker skin tones.
- Use metallic eye shadow to accentuate bronze, gold, and silver shades on your eyes.
- Paint your lips with metallic lipstick to add some shimmer.
#2 The Au-Naturale Look
If you’re a woman who’s not a fan of makeup or likes to keep things simple, the natural makeup look is perfect for you. Recreate this look by following these steps:
- The base is the most important aspect of a natural makeup look. The right concealer, foundation, and primer are essential. Get a flawlessly even base by applying these products with a damp beauty blender.
- Add mascara to your lashes and apply kajal to your eyes. If you want to highlight your eyelids, you can use a light brown eyeshadow.
- Apply a light layer of nude blush to the apple of your cheeks. Make sure to blend it upwards for a snatched look.
- Make your lips appear naturally supple with nude lipstick or lip gloss.
#3 Toned-down Smokey Eyes
You can always trust smokey eye makeup to amp up your Ganesh Chaturthi look—it's a trend that never truly goes out of style. But if you're looking for a subtle smokey eye makeup look, we suggest easing up on the intensity.
- Once your eyelids are prepped with primer, apply a little neutral brown or deep gray eyeshadow. Blend it in circular motions across your lids.
- Using another brush, dab the eyeshadow on your outer corners and extend it into your crease. Get blending!
- Use an intense kajal pencil to line your eyes next. Blend the eye pencil lines into your eyeshadow using a smudging brush—ensuring the lines look seamless and aren't too sharp. Apply the same technique to your lower lash line as well!
- Make your eyelashes look full by applying two coats of mascara.
- If you want to keep the attention on your eyes, choose a light lipstick color. You can, however, amp up the drama with bold lipstick.
#4 Rule with Red
The power of red lipstick cannot be denied. Any woman can recreate this makeup look; all she has to do is find the right shade of red and her favorite lipstick formula.
- Concealing any obvious redness or pimples before applying red lipstick is important. Those flaws will only be accentuated by a rich, red lip.
- The lippie is the focal point of this look, so keep the rest of your face neutral with nude eyeshadow and brown eyeliner.
- Line your lips with a red that matches your lipstick exactly. If you can't find the exact shade, choose a lip liner that matches your natural lip color.
- Finally, apply the lipstick with precision. You can use an angled brush for the same if you want.
- With a little concealer, line just outside your lip line. Besides helping with bleeding, this will also make your red lip color pop!
#5 Beaming Glow
Glow is an integral part of any Indian festival! Add some glow to your makeup look for Ganesh Chaturthi.
- Apply some shiny, ethereal highlighter after you do your face makeup. Highlighting your high points will make your features stand out. Your makeup will also look brighter and more defined.
- Use a stick highlighter on bare skin if you plan to skip foundation. You won't even need to use a base product to achieve the sheen!
- Mix some liquid highlighter with your foundation if you want to glow from within. The result will be a dewy base with a subtle glow.
Tips to Jazz Up Your Ganesh Chaturthi Makeup
Want to create your own version of a Ganesh Chaturthi makeup look? You go, girl! Just don’t forget to keep these top makeup tips for Ganesh Chaturthi in mind.
1. Play Up Your Eyes
Want to give your eye makeup a boost, but running late for the puja? We have a simple solution for you—colored eye pencils. Just rim the upper and lower lash lines with a colored pencil that matches your outfit, apply 2-3 coats of mascara, and you're ready to rock!
2. Say Goodbye to Heavy Foundations
We understand that you might not want to go all out with foundation, concealer, and other 17 layers of products (okay, we are being dramatic!) while celebrating Ganesh Chaturthi at home; so we have the next best thing —tinted moisturizers. They give you an even base while perfectly hydrating and moisturizing your skin.
3. Some Shimmer Metallic Touch for Your Lips
The invention of glitter was the best thing to happen to the beauty world since mascara...more or less. You can take any simple Ganesh Chaturthi makeup look up a notch by adding a dusting of shimmer on your lips after applying lipstick!
Grab some attention and blow some minds with the five Ganesh Chaturthi makeup looks given above. Or better yet, create your own customized look and add some charm to it by following important makeup tips for Ganesh Chaturthi outlined here.
Show off your looks on Instagram by tagging @facescanada. We’re looking forward to it!